Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sucker Mom

Okay, not truly my title, but it should be....It's officially "Cookie Mom". My husband feels it should probably be the former. What I am referring to is my role in Emmy's Brownie troop. We are in the midst of the cookie bombardment. I'll probably spend half the night entering our troop's cookie order. The GS are going electronic and "green" with their cookie sale this year, however, I recently found out that not only do we have to enter the order electronically, but also fill out PAPERWORK and hand deliver to the cookie chair (aka Führer) by Thursday. I think I need to educate these people about what being "green" means. When I questioned the practice (how dare I question!), I was informed "this is what council requires".

I was informed by a worried parent the other day that she was at a Boy Scout meeting with 2 other GS moms - one new like herself and the other a "seasoned veteran". Well when the seasoned veteran heard about how we were going to be doing money etc., she exclaimed, "You can't do that! It's against council rules! What is your troop number, etc, etc, etc" I just need to repeat....IT'S JUST COOKIES PEOPLE!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really does make me glad I had a boy. There was drama in the past at my work about these cookies. I buy them because I support my friend's kids....but I don't really NEED the cookies...and some are a little dry - there, I said it! ....so the Furhrer and her minions should get over themselves.

Wow...I think I had a little pent up issue with GS cookies!!! Who knew!!!

CynthiaK said...

Women are the best for drama, aren't we?! And I wholeheartedly agree (as I also suffer from cookie overload currently, although Girl Guides here in Canada). It's just freaking cookies!!

Shannon said...

Hmmmm... I myself was never a Girl Scout. I am beginning to feel relief that neither of my girls has expressed any interest in being one, either!

Unknown said...

Makes you want to scream... GET a BLEEDING life...FREAK...

doesn't it?

Jen said...

well, people obviously love the GS cookies.