Monday, July 21, 2008

Whatcha Watching?

My husband tells me that I should get an award for watching horrendous t.v. (I don't see how he has room to talk as he makes it his mission to see bad movies - "Gigli", "Snakes on a Plane" - anyone?)

So I thought I would do a quick post on what is in my DVR...please feel free to play along and tell me what is in your dvr, tivo, or what you can't miss on t.v.

After perusing through my dvr list (I have to do a title search because my list is filled with "Hannah Montana", "Camp Rock", "Jonas Brother", "America's Funniest Videos", and "Full House"...How come 9 year olds are so good with dvrs?!)

So my top 5 list is:

1) Project Runway - I am so happy this is back on!! I am constantly amazed that these people can make outfits in 8 hours out of anything (at least some of them). Of course being the bandwagoner I am, my all time favorite person is Season 4 winner, Christian - "Hot Tranny Mess!"

2) Split Ends - I don't know what I like about this show...I kinda like seeing the snooty Beverly Hills lady with a pooch as an accessory having to OMG, work without assistants or seeing little country girls excelling in the big city, or may be it just gives me stuff to talk to my hairdresser about...

3) Mobile Home Disasters - I had so much hope for this show when I first saw the previews...I thought I'd get to see where the Jerry Springer people live and what kind of "Hot Tranny Messes" they made of their homes. It turns out it's more like "Home Makeover" for those who really, really, really need it...so it warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes; plus as a bonus, there is usually a crazy neighbor who pops in.

4) Degrassi, The Next Generation - I know, I know...I'm almost embarrassed to write about it, but it's an addiction. I've been watching for so long; I feel I've watched these kids grow up (I think it's left over from when I was a teenager and "Degrassi, Junior High" was on. I'm also embarrassed to admit, but I will, that I tend to think all Canadians are like these families - I am retarded...I've never claimed otherwise

5)Legally Blond, The Search For the Next Elle Woods - Blond girls, drama, theater, etc...I've never seen the Broadway production, but I am hooked. It's amazing that there are people out there that can learn whole dance, acting, and singing routines in a day. Next time I am in NYC, I am definitely buying a ticket.

Honorable Mentions (because they are not currently on): American Idol, Biggest Loser, Top Chef

Please share your top 5, I may just start watching (you know some of these reality shows will be ending soon so I need to fill up my repertoire ;)


And last but not least especially for Tree: "Skal du ha nytt bad? IKKE bestille dette fra ROCKA® dårlig kundebehandling ventet over 5 mnd. for bademøbler"

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My DVR is filled with Max and Ruby, Wow Wow Wubbzy and Pokemon...Current must watches in our home are American Gladiators and Mythbusters.

Unknown said...

Our DVR has Top Gear, Long Way Down (and Long Way Around - documentaries with Ewan McGregor), Maisy, Rolie Polie Olie, and lots of other kids shows!
When in season we have House on there too. (We get SKY tv from London.)

Shannon said...

Right now, my DVR is full of So You Think You Can Dance, Quantum Leap reruns and Phineus & Ferb (Disney cartoon).

I think we are going to have to get a new DVR... its on its last leg. Hubby says its my fault; that I overused the thing during the last TV season. I was recording The Office and My Name is Earl (I watched Survivor) then I would record Grey's Anatomy while I watched Lost. But its not my fault all the good shows are on the same night!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I agree...how is it that my kiddos can get the dvr to do all their shows? On ours: all the kids Pokemon and Full House episodes. My mom records Two and a Half men. And me? Nothing. I'd rather blog or read a book. Until the regular tv season comes on. But...I watch stuff from netflix. I am addicted to "Weeds." And I have other cable shows like "Californication" and "The Tudors" on the way. I also want to see "Dexter."

Unknown said...

First... I don't even know what a DVR is!? I like the Hills... but I watch it on my computer... Ok... We are losers... Just my family not all of Norway. Seriously... We have one TV & if it ever on... it is usually on Disney.. Hanna Montanna speaking Norwegian is kinda lame...but gotta take what we can! Thanks for adding my little message... : )

Angie's Spot said...

Well, I don't have a DVR, but don't get me started on that story. I am a tv junky though! My faves include Project Runway, Top Chef, Kathy Griffin anything, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Survivor, Amazing Race, Grey's Anatomy and American Idol.

And props to you for helping T bash that jerk in Norway. What a friend! :-)

Jill said...

Okay - I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't heard of most of those shows...

But I am going to try to set up slingbox - and take over my parent's TV set to record shows.