Friday, January 29, 2010

Stress eating mess...

Today was not a good day for a number of reasons....tonight has been better...

My day started off with my oldest coming in my room crying about how she felt sick. Cameron tends to be a little bit dramatic and has been fighting a cold for about a week which I've successfully ignored and treated with over-the-counter remedies. However, when she comes in my room crying about it, it's time to see the doctor.

I went into speak with my daughter's principal and planned to go in there tough and strong, but I couldn't help my voice from cracking and sounding like I was going to bawl any minute - very effective for getting my own way....NOT!! Left his office with no info and more roadblocks.

Took Cameron to the doctor to be told she had a viral cold; well, better safe than sorry! Took her back to my office where I proceeded to be very unproductive and distracted. Ended up leaving at noon- went home had some bathroom time----another side effect of stress.

I then proceeded to blow my diet to high heaven...I ate fast food, doughnuts, cookies....is it possible to gain back the 16 pounds I've lost in 1 day?!!! My body is definitely going to revolt - it hasn't had this much sugar in months.

Said situation from above got somewhat rectified this evening and things are looking better, but I am still pissed. Not ready to post about it yet...if I ever will, but things are looking better....one thing that today has validated for me: I have great kids, a wonderful, calm husband, and kick ass friends who are always there for me....

Now...officially back on the bandwagon and no more cheating - I have to find a better stress reliever!!

3 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Dieting is no fun! But I have got to do something soon!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am the queen of sabotaging myself. Like buying pop'ems this week at the grocery. They don't even last 24 hours here. I am not sure why I put them in the cart. Ugh.

I am finally caught up on all your posts. I am so glad to see you back!

I am glad you liked my book list for last year. You'll have to post what you are reading. Did you read all those books we got when you were here last summer? I don't even remember what they all were.

And for that calendar you have on your mac...gmail does that with its calendars. I have on synched with my husband...another with a friend of mine since our daughters do alot of carpooling...and even another with our HOA.

Unknown said...

Damn... we were going to skype this weekend. (I was working) - hang in there babe... I am totally the same.. but can't get anything GOOD over here. so I have to lots & lots bread & cheese. : )