Monday, April 13, 2009

I guess I am gullible too...

Best news first....Cameron is home...yeah!  My baby is home after 10 days and it is so good to have her back!  I picked her up at the airport tonight and I took her out to Chili's where she read me her travel diary and showed me her pictures.  She had quite a busy week...FL to VA Beach to Wash DC to VA Beach to Bel Air, MD to Newark, DE to Galena, MD to VA Beach to Florida....that's a lot of territory in 10 days!  She had a great time and was so happy to see her brother and sister and give them their gifts....Jackson was really happy to see his big sissy because it meant he got to get out of bed....we are still attempting to get him to sleep after the excitement.  Emmy was excited to get presents (who isn't?!).

During the course of the journal reading, I discovered that my Mother had lied to us all week...Evil one had been involved in Cameron's trip ALL.WEEK.LONG!  It really hadn't entered my mind that my Mother had pulled this stunt with the Evil One all week, but she did.... One of the most important jobs I have as a parent is protecting my children and keeping them from any potential harm; my Mother doesn't respect or care about the decisions I have made to insure this...It's one of those hard pills in life to swallow when you discover that you can't trust your own Mother....it truly sucks!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I would be as livid as you are... and you are rightfully so!! I am so sorry to hear that your mother didn't respect your wishes and chose to turn a blind eye. I know from experience how difficult it is when you feel you can't trust her.

I don't even have words - just pursed lips and a lot of head shaking.

Unknown said...

You know what a vendictive BITCH I can be... not sure I am the one to give you advice... I am sorry you were once again let down... & as far as her not coming for Emmy's party... I KNOW it HURTS... but it is HER loss... one day (I hope) she is going to see what she is missing out on...
Love you!

Unknown said...

& you do KNOW her "NOT REMEMBERING" is BULLSHIT.... she just did what she wanted to do....

BE MAD & VENT girl! (you got me all fired up now...)

Unknown said...

That really bites. I'm sorry she didn't respect your wishes about it. Go mama bear and do what you have to do. She's your daughter and you have every right to be upset.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Kelly, so glad she is home!!!! What a relief to know she is back.
Have I ever told you Tressa sounds like a REALLY GOOD FRIEND! Great advice she has given and I agree. I am so sorry you are having to do go through this. But you are very right - the one job as a parent is to protect your children from any harm. (and one day I will have to share my "crazy" story with you in private) but protecting our children is a MUST! So glad she is back safe!

JWilson said...

I'm sorry you are going thru this but I'm glad Cameron is home safe and sound.

Jen said...

I am glad that she is home safe and had a good time but what your mother did is beyond belief and I hope that you let her know this!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!