Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weigh-in Wednesday



It's another Wednesday and time to report in on my ongoing weight loss journey. Things have been going well since I signed up for "mainstream" WW. I lost another 1.2 lbs this past week which brings my grand total to 8.2 lbs lost!! Finally, the scale is going in the right direction! I've been working really hard changing my eating habits and trying to exercise regularly. I just had to get re-motivated and find my mojo!




One thing I've realized in the last couple weeks are that some of my "regular" meals that I would eat were worth SO MANY more points than I originally thought...for example, I absolutely love Mexican food...I am addicted (or formerly addicted) to Chipotle...My regular was the Chicken burrito bol with lettuce, rice, chicken, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole. Of course I had to have chips and a sweet tea with that...grand total: 56 points!!! - as a point of reference, I'm allowed 26 points per DAY (no wonder I have packed on the pounds!!) After starting the study WW, I completely changed my ordering habits...I started ordering from Qdoba's: naked chicken burrito: lettuce, rice, chicken, 2 types of salsa, light cheese, and guacamole. I allowed myself 14 chips and cut out the sweet tea...made good choices right?! Wrong! it still was 18 points! So I've really had to control my cravings and take a step back and think about what I am putting in my mouth...turns out I wasn't just a bad eater, at times I was horrendous!!!




So I am really pleased with how things are going and trying not to get impatient that the pounds aren't falling off, but I have to keep reminding myself that the weight didn't come on overnight!




Thanks for accommodating me and reading....Make sure you head over to OSB and see what's going on...


Post Script: Happy Birthday shout outs to Shannon at Welcome to the Nut House and Jen at Buried with Children....Happy, Happy Birthday, you guys!! Please head over and wish these wonderful ladies a special day....Shannon's trying to get 100 Birthday wishes today as today is also her 100th post - Woo Hoo!!

14 comments:

Robin said...

You GO GIRL! Can I have some of your patience please?! :-)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Congrats to you! OMG, I love Chipotle.

Jill said...

Awesome job on your weight loss... remember that this is a marathon and not a spring! Of course, I'm no patient person either - so who the hell am I kidding?

SouthernDogwoods said...

WAHOO! Look at you go!!!!
I have got to go and weigh - say a prayer for me!

Ronda's Rants said...

Good job...no great job! I didn't know about all those points either!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! Way to go ;)

Jennifer said...

Good jon Kelly! You've lost a LOT!! I shudder to think how many points I would be using if I was keeping track!

CaraBee said...

Congrats on the continued loss! I love Chipotle and Qdoba. I ate them regularly, too regularly, when I was pregnant. Now I know why I gained all that weight. Ha.

Jo-Jo said...

I really wish I had the will power to do WW. You go girl!

JWilson said...

You are doing great! I am so glad there is not a Chipotle close to me because that place is so hard to resist.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Wow that is great. I've used WW in the past and always did VERY WELL with it.....Congrats!!!!

Meaghan said...

Who doesn't love Chipolte ? Congratulations

-Meaghan

Jen said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Celine said...

Good job! Keep it going, it will all pay off in the end!