Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Adding my two cents...

and an additional $9.98....I went to see "Twilight" tonight with a couple of girlfriends.  

A couple things to note:

1. When did movies become $10.00 a pop?!
2. We thought if we went shortly after the opening weekend we would avoid the throngs of teeny-boppers sure to be attending with us.  We were right and wrong....


Goodness, the above two comments make me sound like a fuddy-duddy don't they?!  Oh well, since I'm already sounding like one, let me add one more thing...There needs to be an over 30 showing of this movie (a.k.a. Cougar View ;)  I just don't think it's as hilarious as the other 13 year olds when people start shouting at the movie screen...one comment I can overlook, but ongoing dialog?!  Uh, No!....

So my take...of course the book was better than the movie...has there ever been a movie better than the book?  But, I think the movie did a good job representing the story.  

I had some issues with the casting; The Cullens were described in the book to be the most amazing looking people you've ever seen....Not so much...some were nice to look at, but in my humble opinion, did not truly fit this description.  Okay and Jasper?!  WTF was up with his hair and his facial expressions?!  His character was really not developed in the movie which was a little disappointing too.  I also thought some of the running, climbing, and jumping scenes were a little goofy.  

However, I think Kristen Stewart as Bella was a great casting choice...this is how I pictured her in my mind.  And...I've slowly, but surely have come around to Robert Pattinson as Edward.  Favorite part of the whole movie was the first kiss....Whoo, Baby!!!

Jeez, I've become Siskel and Ebert in this post....I'm glad I went, will probably get the dvd when it's released, and I will definitely be there for the sequels!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I just love this review. Thank you.

Shannon said...

Girl, I've already signed up for Amazon to notify me when the DVD is released. Sheesh.


Glad you went... I do agree that the book is better than the movie. But I loved the movie. Angie and I are planning on seeing it again... "cougar view" - LOVE it!


I felt the same way about the girl who plays Rosalie... she's supposed to be the most beautiful girl but I thought the actress playing Victoria was way prettier. But don't dis my Jasper! Ok, you can 'cause its your blog. But I love Jasper... have always had a soft spot for him. I do think he was underutilized in the movie... and Alice. The rest of the Cullens for that matter. OMGosh the scene of Carlisle turning Edward? HOT.

Ashley said...

We actually have this pretty awesome movie theater in town that has a few 21+ screens with a big bar right outside... these are all upstairs in the 'Prive' section (but it costs more... $15). Movies are getting very expensive.

Unknown said...

I'm waiting to see it with Mr. B so it'll most likely be on DVD.. which is fine....

I have to say reading all these reviews I AM intrigued!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Good post/review!

I agree with you on the "over 30 viewing" - those little 14 year old squeals of girls - really and truly made me want to snatch one up.

I thought the movie was good considering they had to cram a book into a 2 hour movie. I, on the other hand, am not a big fan of Kristen (Bella). She fits the part in the movie but she really gets on my nerves, though.

But overall, it was still a great movie!

CaraBee said...

We're going to see it this Sunday at the early, early show. 11:20am. It's $5 at our theater. Can't beat that! I have to agree with you on the casting. I mean, I haven't seen the movie yet, but none of the Cullens look remotely like what I thought they would.

Jill said...

I read the book, so I probably won't see the movie... I don't want to ruin what I imagine these characters to look like and act like...

BUT - if I do go, I'll go here. Matinees are 120 Rupees - that's $2.25. However, I have to endure a 10 minute intermission...

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

I'm going to have to read the books and/or see the movie one of these days, just to see what all the fuss is about. I feel so out of the loop. :-)

Melissa B. said...

Movies in our neck o' the woods are topping out at $15 a pop, so you've gotten off cheaply! Quick Question: Am I a loser for missing the Twilight Bandwagon? I haven't even read the books. *sigh* Sounds like the topic for a post, oui? BTW, don't forget to tune in to Sx3 today...we've got the Holiday Spirit!

MsTypo said...

I just found your blog and love the title!! Do you know the song "Song for Whoever" by Beautiful South? Sorry to be random. :)

Jenny said...

Am looking forward to seeing it. It hasn't been released here yet...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I completely agree with your assessment of Jasper. WTF indeed. Those deer in the headlight eyes...I just didn't get it. And today I read that the director won't be back for the sequel because they are rushing the production to have it out by next December. I wish they'd take thier time...and fix some of the cheapie things they did in this one...