Monday, November 17, 2008

Going from Digital to Analog...

I know I still have to post about Boston, however, I need to get my friend Laura's pictures also so I decided to wait a tad bit longer.

I am nowhere near accomplishing my "catching up on reading" goal...sorry guys...

One thing of note (a quick one because see above!!)...I've decided that I give up when it comes to computer based calendar programs. I've tried for over 5 years to come into the computer age in this arena...First there was the palm pilot, then there was my windows-based Internet phone, and finally my IPhone. It definitely is a "user error" reason none of these things worked for me...You know, you actually have to keep up and enter stuff - go figure! So in my feeble attempt to get a handle on my very disorganized work and personal life, I've gone back to my tried and true method of a date book. My husband is rolling his eyes at me; I feel like a failure (not really). But something had to give...I have 2 computer calendars and an IPhone and I'm still missing stuff. Paper just works for me...

Now I'm off to read...

13 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

I am debating on getting a phone that I can easily do this on...The datebook isn't working for me cause I get it wet (pool) when making appointment, but would a phone work? Doesn't the wet factor play in there as well?

SouthernDogwoods said...

I am jealous over your iPhone. I am asking Santa for one.

Jen said...

I so know what you mean, Jeff has tried and tried to get me to a digital calendar but I just can't. Give me the cut kitty in the sunglasses calendar any day.

Sara said...

Hey busy girl... digital would actually work really good for me, since my calendar is always such a mess. But, I don't know if I could get used to not having the paper to look at. When I worked I had a book, which was actually the best! I don't know why I didn't carry that over in to my life now.

JWilson said...

I say whatever works use it! :)

Unknown said...

LOL

i don't do enough to warrent a calendar.

Jane In The Jungle said...

I've NEVER gotten electronic calenders to work either. For some reason I have No problem getting everything on a paper one but if it comes to "putting it in" I just choke up!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love the "idea" of the gmail calendar. Love that I can color code it. And sync it with my husband. But then sometimes I write things on our wall calendar. And don't transfer them over. And I NEVER remember to look at the computer calendar. I am sooo with you on this.

And the other thing that I do manually. Because I cannot comprehend it any other way...is my check book.

CaraBee said...

I use the gmail calendar. My husband is fanatical about it. Me, I could take it or leave it. I would be in real trouble if I had to sync it with an IPhone or something.

Shannon said...

I've never tried to keep an electronic calendar of any kind. We've got a calendar on the fridge and I have my day planner thingy... I have to say there is something satisfying about writing down a task or appointment... and then marking it off!

Swirl Girl said...

The next thing you know you'll go back to writing letters and actually talking on a phone.

What has the world come to?
:)

hahaha

Henry said...

I'm too lazy for a date book or anything that requires looking stuff. I write my important stuff on a standard calendar. I'm way behind the times!

Come by my giveaway!
http://nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com/2008/11/felt-like-christmas-giveway.html

Melissa B. said...

Sometimes I think technology just gets in the way. And blogging definitely eats into my book-reading time! BTW, my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes features a pretty highLARious snap tomorrow. Please come by and Share the Caption Love!