Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm officially a sell out....or am I?

A few posts ago, I wrote about my apprehension about delving into the world that is facebook. Has anyone noticed that this has been a popular blog subject lately?! Any Who, I went out on a limb and put out friend requests and have been talking to people I haven't spoken to in 15 - 20 years. I noticed behaviors returning that are very similar to those I had when I first started blogging...constantly checking to see if I have any notifications, new friends, etc. etc. etc. (If I had one of those media players on my blog this is where, "Loser" by Beck would start playing). All of this reminiscing with old schoolmates (now strangers) had me itching to go pull out pictures. I guess that would be enough for most people, but for me? No way, I guess I am an attention grabber....cause I scanned and posted them. (media player cue up "Popular" from Wicked)



I received over 70 notifications today in response to the postings....Whoa, talk about instant gratification! (a funny little side note to my posting all those old pictures...one old friend insisted I take off a picture of her - I saw nothing wrong with it, It was a picture from a formal for Godsake! and another guy e-mailed me to tell me I tagged him in a photo and it actually was not him - Duhlp!!!) I know my popularity will be over tomorrow 'cause I basically posted the best pics, but it was nice to be on that artificial popularity high for even a day :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And....You know what time it is?! Its.....


These are from Cameron and Emmy's early days with a camera...oh, they've come a L O N G way!!

A baby being birthed? No, just Jackson's first bath...don't you see it?!
Beagle Butt anyone?

I'm sure my friend Brad would be thrilled to know my children took pictures of his bald spots. I'm sure he'd be even more thrilled to know I published them online!!

A close up study of skin changes? eyes? crows feet? You decide!


Apparently the teddy bear was tired and need to go to sleep right away on the dining room table with a dishtowel blanket



Well that's all for now...see you all tomorrow :)


18 comments:

Swirl Girl said...

I was on Facebook before the blogging thing happened...this is more fun.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha you almost make me want to try out Facebook! Almost.

:)

Cassie said...

Bahaha! I scanned some pics awhile back from our Prom and one of my friends commented that I had tagged some of the wrong people. She was like, hey isn't that Kyle? John didn't even go to Prom! or something like that. EMBARRASSING.

CaraBee said...

Oh that Facebook is addictive. Whenever I send out a friend request I worry that someone will refuse. So far it hasn't happened, fingers crossed! Love the pics!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Good for you - I always knew everyone would be your friend because you are the coolest! Love the pics!

Jen said...

you know, you will always be popular in my book.
Great camera work!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am hooked on facebook! Especially when photo's are posted. I'm regularly checking my account on my cell phone just to see if there are any new notifications.

ugh - Beck's "Loser" would very much apply to me! Except, I would rather use Radiohead's "Creep". Just to mix it up, you know.
:)

Jo-Jo said...

I just can't get into the whole facebook thing. I try but just can't....Now myspace...Oh I am hooked!

Jennifer said...

I have Facebook insecurity as I have been "denied." SO humiliating!!

Those are hilarious pics!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Facebook and I don't talk much. I had to tell it "I'm just not that into you".
Thanks for playing for IYGAKAC today! I love the last picture the most.

Jen said...

I'm trying to get used to Facebook... haven't got it all figured out yet. But, I do love chatting with old friends from school!

Love the Beagle butt! We've got some pictures like that floating around our house, too!

Unknown said...

Whew..it wasn't me that asked you to remove the pic... I don't even care that you have a pic that makes me look like I am pooping out a large watermelon... I just don't want my "friends" from work making fun of it... (& yes...I KNOW... if they were REALLY my "friends" they wouldn't make fun of all of my fat pics...Sigh...I feel like i am 15 again..."
I did notice someone saying HI to you on facebook... I still don
't think he remembers me... LOVE, the watermelon pooper

Melissa B. said...

But don't forget...once the Facebook Monster has you in his grasp, he Might. Never. Let. You. Go!

Henry said...

I have to check out that pic! By the way,I've started a Wednsday Link Day so if you have any posts you want people to read/see you can add it! Come check it out!
http://nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Your little photographers are just awesome. I can see why you named one CAMERAn. Get it?? Cameron! AHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA I've had too much coffee.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

There have been a lot of facebook comments. And every day I seem to get another email of someone adding me as a friend on facebook. But what is funny is that I have an account, but NEVER go over there! Perhaps that is a good thind :-)

Shannon said...

I still haven't done anything with my Facebook account... I've had a few friend requests... but I'm sure its just a matter of time before I get sucked in.


Great kid pics! Isn't it so weird the things they think of to photograph?!?!??

Robin said...

Eek..I haven't gotten up the courage to get on Facebook yet..I'm such a blog freak as it is plus my myspace page (which I check because I monitor both my boys' myspaces pages) I fear I'd have no time for my family, LOL!!!

I've been tempted but I guess I'll have to break down and do it..I luv my high school pals..classmates.com just isn't enuf!!