Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cameron's Birthday (Part Trois)

I promise this is my last post about my 10 year old's birthday...it was a very busy couple days...and hey, it created blog fodder! Best of all the last edition contains...wait for it....wait for it...my friend Sheila!!!! Whoo Hoo!!! (I'll explain in a later post, oh yes, I will Sheila!!)

My daughter is starting her 2nd decade on a good foot (at least with her Mom). We hadn't gotten her Birthday gift yet...remember that whole procrastination thing? My kid is lucky she got her birthday party on her birthday and not 2 weeks from now!!! So I asked her what she wanted to do after her guests left today at 12:00...Her reply, spend her day with me!! How cool/sweet/awesome is that?! Of course I ate it up...wouldn't you?!!

Off we Go!!
First stop: Pedicures...My girls love, love, love getting pedicures (Mom doesn't mind them so much either). I don't know about where you all live but here in Central Florida, there is a Vietnamese nail salon in every strip mall so there is never a shortage of places to get pedis!! We have a regular one we go to...so off we went...

Cameron getting her toes done

The finished product (yup, that would be me representing Gator colors on my toes!!)

Next stop: Hallmark to see if they had the Manatee or Alligator Webkinz. Unfortunately, the store was closed (the nerve! like it's a national holiday or something!) So Cameron took a raincheck on the Webkinz.

Next stop: The bullseye boutique...Tarjay!! This is my child!!! Cameron's new obsession is earrings...she loves to get new earrings!! So we looked around and she chose a couple pairs...we then went and looked at scarfs, belts, purses, wallets, cd's, school supplies, toys, bedroom decorations, etc., etc. She ended up with 3 pairs of earrings and an i-tunes gift card. We stopped at the gourmet snack bar for a little snack ( and Cameron's first ice cream of the day)


We started a tradition this past year, that the birthday boy or girl gets to choose what they would like for dinner. I asked Cameron what she wanted, but she didn't know. I asked her her favorite food (offering pizza...we still have 4 whole ones at home!!). She said Italian or Mexican...I went through my Italian and Mexican repertoire (which she declined). She then remembered that you can eat free on your Birthday at Kobe's. That's great for the birthday person, but the rest of us would still have to put out $25.00+ per meal. I remembered my friend, Sheila and Jan mentioning this place out near them (about 20 minutes from me) that was the "Redneck Kobe's" Same food at 1/2 the price...my kind of place...I called Sheila for directions...then Cameron asks if Lauren (Sheila's daughter) can come with us. I stalk call Sheila once again and ask them to join us... We arrive at Lam-pu's (actual name) and watch a wonderful Teppanyaki-style show. I really wish I had the balls to take pictures of the clientele...Oooh, Baby!!! Rednecks were out in style!!!

Anyway, at the end of dinner, they brought out a sundae and birthday gong for Cameron and the whole restaurant sang her Happy Birthday. She had a wonderful time and we were so happy that Sheila, Alan, and Lauren were able to join us.



Birthday Sundae



Lit Birthday Sundae


Birthday Gong


Lauren, Sheila, and Alan


The night ended with the traditional birthday spankings...

Whew, I'm all birthday-ed out...at least until next week when it's my Birthday- Yeah!!

16 comments:

Jill said...

Mani / Pedi's... Tarjay ... Picking her own restaurant. What more could you ask for a birthday?

Now yours coming up next week... I think the "traditional spanking" may come in an entirely different context. Ya think?

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day all around! So cool that you took her for a pedi :)

Cassie said...

Pedicures are always fun. That sundae looks yummy!!

Unknown said...

Such a fun day... She has your feet... i still can't believe how OLD/BIG the kids are getting... Won't be long & she will be driving!

Jen said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.
So do you get birthday spankings too?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

How sweet that she wanted to spend her birthday with you! We have those same nail salons in every single strip mall here. I need to get my toes done again!

And a redneck Kobe? I wish we had one of those around here :-) The first time the girls went to a place like that was at Epcot - at Teppanyaki. Yum.

JWilson said...

Take the pedi out and it sounds like a good day. (I ahve feet isues)

Jo-Jo said...

Oh I want that for my b-day! I am calling my momma and telling her now!

Lori said...

Cameron is too ridiculously pretty, especially when she smiles. Her mom's cute, too.

Hippie Family... said...

THE double digit is a HUGE deal... you only get your double digit once and then you have to wait till your 100 to get a triple.. so enjoy it while you can, blog about it all you want. she's soon to be a tween so hug her all that's possible!
happy birthday sweet girl!

Melissa B. said...

This b-day celebration reminds me of the celebrations we've had in the past for my youngest. Her b-day is in August, so she has a party with the kids who are around, with the family, with the extended family at the beach, and then again when all her friends get back in town. What a lot of fun!

Frizzy said...

Wish I could hav been there to join in the pedi fun. Thanks for coming by to comment on my blog again. May I add you to my roll?

Angie's Spot said...

I can't wait for my girls to be old enough to go do bday pedi's and have a special day out with them. Oh, what fun! Looks like you guys had a blast. And happy early bday to you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great girl time! So awesome that she wanted to spend the afternoon with you. :)

I got myself a pedi today - but opted not to sport my MSU green & white. I guess I'm just not as hard core as you are!

SouthernDogwoods said...

I can not think of a better birthday!!!!

Sweetsheila said...

Wow, if I stick my neck out I look really thin! I'm doing that in all my pictures from now on.

I think my fifteen minutes is up now!