Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Weigh In Wednesday


Or not....


I promise, I'm not going to be Downer Mcdownerstein today!


I think I'm slowly getting back on track...Jack and I have gone out twice this week for a 2 mile walk (I'm thinking pushing the stroller is good for my arms - right?!). This is the first time I've exercised in probably 4 weeks so I'm really pleased that I got out there. As my profile states, I am a professional dieter. Part of this profession means a past with multiple exercise tapes, gym memberships, and equipment. I recently dug up a great piece of equipment: my heart rate monitor. Believe me, I am not so obsessed that I need to know if I am in the fat burning zone or not. The best feature by far (in my humble opinion) is that you log in your information and the monitor figures out how many calories you've burned. It makes me feel good that I burned over 400 calories each time I went out! Worst feature of the heart rate monitor is that by logging in your information it enables the monitor to calculate your BMI. In my case, the word "Obese" streams across the face of the watch...but I chose to ignore that. I pretend it is a French word pronounced "O-bess-ay" meaning kick ass athlete!


I am still not tracking my food like I should. I'm trying to be good still even without logging. The call of sweet tea has been nagging at me lately and I've fallen off the wagon twice. Nothing like sweet tea in the South!! But I am trying to do better.


Lastly, I have no idea how much I've lost (ZERO) or gained since falling off the wagon. The reason being is that there is no way I can give up the 2 hours during work with all that has been going on there in the last couple weeks. I'm due for my 12 week follow up for the study so I have to make an appt which will make me go in next week.


Things are looking up...to check in with everyone else head over here:

11 comments:

JWilson said...

Something is aways better than nothing at all.

I had ever intention of getting back into my exercise routine which involves doing a wokout video on my Exercise TV on demand. This was supposed to start Monday evening but stupid Ike ruined that with no power. I did carry about a billion branches across the yard so that was something right?

Anonymous said...

Good job, Kelly.....just do what you can do. I haven't weighed in for OSB for 2 weeks now. I've been too busy working and taking care of the house and spending time with Z. I know exercise is important...but so are all of these other things. So, I'm hoping things will slow down and I can get back on track too.

I love the O-bess-ay!!!! HAHAHAHA

Sara said...

You are funny, you do what you can! You can come over to my house and chase three boys around all day. That will make you lose about 30 pounds.. although, it doesn't work for me, cause I keep eating things like chocolate covered bananas...

Hippie Family... said...

just move here, you will motivate me!

Anonymous said...

I love walking! Be proud of yourself for getting out there ;)

Jill said...

I'm impressed that you even attempt to exercise. I'll just live vicariously through you!! I so want to - I just despise it that much!

Elena said...

Thank you for visitng Idaho today. Best of luck with your weight loss. It's on my to-do list too. So far, I'm not doing so good.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

OK, the obese thing cracked me up! I love your translation. I was so excited when I went from Obese to Overweight! lol I'm still hanging strong at Overweight, I have around 15 lbs. to lose before I'll be "Normal".
Good luck to you, from someone who truly knows how hard it is!
xoxo

CaraBee said...

I got on one of those websites that calculates your BMI and was shocked. SHOCKED. To see that I was considered obese. I definitely prefer your definition of the word!

Angie's Spot said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement! And here it comes back at ya.

I'm really proud of you for even being aware of the things that you want to change because a lot of time, not recognizing those things are what hold us back. See, you're making progress!

This weight IS going to come off of us! We didn't put it on in a few months, so it's not going to come off quickly either. (Although, I'm giving serious thought to the liposuction alternative at this point. Ok, maybe not.)

I wish I had a magic formula for both of us of things that work. The food logging is definitely good. I need to get back into that habit.

Anyway, before this comment turns into a novel, I just wanted to say "Ra ra, you can do it!"

Cassie said...

If it makes you feel better, it took me a month to lose 4 pounds. Which wouldn't be so bad, except that then I went home for two weeks and GAINED SIX MORE. UGH!