Saturday, September 20, 2008

Something's up with the boys in my house...

My guys have not been doing well for the last couple days...

Jackson was perfectly fine yesterday when I dropped him off at daycare, but then I got a call from the sitter at 11 am reporting that he had thrown up and was feverish. My MIL was able to go get him and he slept most of the day away. He had a magical recovery after Motrin (what a drug!!), but woke up again this morning feeling under the weather. Whatever it is...it seems like it's a mild virus...hopefully it goes away soon!
I do have a bone to pick with my pediatrician's office. They are wonderful in getting back to me when I have questions, etc. I called them because I was concerned about the rapid onset of this illness; Jack and I have been out walking at dusk and it's been kinda buggy. We have areas of wetness that haven't fully been absorbed into the ground after the recent tropical systems. It's not unheard of in these parts to have outbreaks of encephalitis with conditions such as these. When I left the message, I reported this and ADMITTEDLY said, I know I'm over-reacting, but the rapid onset was very worrisome to me. I described the symptoms and included the term "lethargic". When the nurse returned my call she asked, "He's difficult to arouse?" and I replied, "no". She then went on to state that I was using the term incorrectly that lethargy implies inability to arouse...I replied, "Well, then he's low energy"...I've since checked on the definition and I did use the term correctly...I hate how these triage nurses talk down to moms...

As for my hubby, I have no clue what's wrong with him. He's been withdrawn this week like he's mad at me about something. I've asked him again and again what's going on to which he replies nothing. He did imply a couple weeks ago that he wished we could go to bed at the same time...but I didn't because I was visiting my bloggy friends. In all honesty, it's a routine we've gotten into...Back story time:
He was unable to fall asleep when we went to bed at the same time due to my snoring...This got worse during my last pregnancy and continued after I had Jack. I've had a sleep study and was diagnosed with "obesity" (aww! how sweet of them to recognize my athletic status!) and hypopnea (defined as "under breathing" - basically the oxygen I was taking in was not sufficient for going into the different phases of sleep). So I am now "Darth Vader" at night with my CPAP machine...attractive!!
So we got into the habit of different bedtimes which really didn't bother me because I'm a night owl anyway. But, thinking this might be the issue, I've turned off the computer early this week; however, his mood hasn't improved. After repeated questioning, he says it's just that he doesn't feel well...still not believing it...

So this weekend, I'm staying out of hubby's way and catering to a pitiful, almost 2 year old. Of course I'll also be online visiting...so all won't be lost :)

17 comments:

Jill said...

Going to bed at the same time = S.E.X.

I bet if you give him a BJ or a quicky he'll suddenly snap out of his mood...

SouthernDogwoods said...

Ha! I love Jill's post!

I hate to hear you are dealing with two babies. Unfortunately, when men act like this - it could be anything - I know with my husband - it could be work (#1 answer), family or heck, it could even be the grass is not green enough - but I have found, it normally isn't me - because if it is me - he normally just tells me - you did so & so that pissed me off, etc.
I would give him his space & let him unwind watching football today & see if that helps OR you could always take Jill's advice :-)
Good Luck!

JWilson said...

I'm sorry Jack isn't feeling well. I hate when my babies are sick.

Now as for the hubbie. I must admit that my first thought was the same as Jill's. That may not be the issue but it wont hurt anything. Whatever it is I hope you figure it out soon and work it out.

Jen said...

I am sorry about your boys. Everybody has a bad day sometime. I am sure they will both snap out of it. I do have to agree with Jill, when Jeff gets all pouty it is usually b/c he feels (notice how I say HE) like he is not getting enough sex. So she may have a point. ;)

BTW, it you want to know the answer to the Picasa thing, then e-mail me. I will walk you through the process but I don't want to leave a huge comment.

Unknown said...

OMG... Bjørn is being a freak too! Sometimes I wonder who is actually having the period....
I have decided tonight to just screw IT/ not him... & am going to BLOG BLOG BLOG...anyway...

CaraBee said...

I love Jill's response. I, of course, was thinking that but am far too shy to say it! Totally true, though. My hubby's moods are easily changed with a little lovin'. I'm sorry to hear that Jackson isn't well. Hopefully he'll be on the up and up soon. Know-it-all that I am, I probably would have told that nurse that I was, in fact, using it right and where she could stick her "difficult to arouse." I hate that kind of crap.

Jo-Jo said...

I sware men have PMS too.

Unknown said...

Sorry for the sickies...may all be well soon!

I'm just dealing with EXHAUSTED kids with school and soccer-wish they's get used to the routine!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I am still giggling at Jill's comment. But I believe she may have the correct answer. If you are mad at each other, makes it a little more challenging. The curative powers of a BJ...

Anonymous said...

BAH! I hate to say it but I have to agree with the other ladies...Jill is probably right! Hubby and I rarely go to bed at the same time even when we have done the deed - one of us almost always stays up later than the other.
Maybe just ask him point blank "dude do you need Some or WHAT?" LOL That'll take him by surprise. But be prepared if he says YES hehehe ;)

Unknown said...

Maybe go to bed at the same time a few nights a week??

Jennifer said...

Hi Kelly--I'm so sorry your little guy is sick. Last time I checked--lethargic meant low energy--not hard to awaken! Hey nurse--if my kid was difficult to arouse, I don't think I'd be waiting on hold--I'd be at the ER!! I hope he feels better soon!

I'm sorry about your husband's moodiness too--that's so hard to deal with. I hope he snaps out of it soon. I would try again to talk w/ him and try to coax out the problem.

I also LOVE to stay up late--Don usually goes to bed before me b/c I'm such a night owl.

Good luck w/ everything!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read the first comment....or my computer screen would be covered in it right now...

I hope your husband gets out of his funk.....show him the puppies again that he blogged about.....maybe that'll cheer him up.

I hope Jackson is feeling less LETHARGIC soon.....dang, even my vet knows what that means correctly.

Shannon said...

Hope Jackson feels better soon!


And that your hubby gets over his funk.


I, too, think men have some sort of PMS... usually brought on by a lack of SEX!

Lori said...

Poor Jackson! And poor you. Sounds like you need a little more stress in your life. I hope ALL of you feel much better soon!

Angie's Spot said...

Sorry your boys are having a hard time at the moment. I think it's a universal "issue" with hubbys of bloggers. Most of us tend to write late at night and these boys just don't know what to do with themselves. I think Jill is on to something though. LOL!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

That nurse's attitude would've probably sent me over the edge.
I hope he's feeling better & the hubby gets out of his funk.
The Gators beat TN last weekend, how can you not be happy?!