Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm so excited!!!

Since I've been out of college, gotten married and had kids, my birthday hasn't been as big a deal as it used to be for me...I used to have a month long birthday celebration...no lie!! I've adjusted well into this new mode, however, we are having a little impromptu celebration today and I am giddy like a kid having a huge b-day blowout!

It all started when my hubby asked what I wanted to have for my birthday dinner. Instead of saying Mexican like I always do, I sighed and said how I wish I could have a crab feast like my sister has each year. Crab feasts are such a mid-Atlantic states thing to do in the summer and one of those things that I really miss. My darling, wonderful, caring husband has gotten his hands on 7 dozed blue crabs, clams, shrimp, and gator tail. Now I'm the biggest seafood fan in my house so I need help with this feast...so after 2 days of planning I have about 20 people coming over tomorrow to help me fulfill my wish...very cool!!!

When my hands are not covered in crab stuff, I'll be taken pictures which I will post later on...

BTW...my birthday is Monday and I will have a guest blogger...a very talented writer and funny too...stay tuned!

20 comments:

Cassie said...

I know exactly what you mean about having long bday celebrations! I used to be the same way.

Happy almost birthday, glad you're getting your wish!

Unknown said...

Wish I was there! I remember your 30th was pretty fun!
Hugs from across the Ocean!
Love ya! T

Lori said...

Happy early crabby Birthday!! <:)

SouthernDogwoods said...

I love Lori's comment - so funny! Happy Early Birthday!!!! Have a wonderful (it sounds like you will)!!!

Jen said...

Sounds Awesome, I can't wait!!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like great fun. Enjoy your feast!

Anonymous said...

Sounds soooo tasty! Have fun with that and if I don't make it around on Monday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like such a fun party!!! Can't wait to see pics. Early Happy Birthday!!

Shannon said...

Sounds like you're going to have a fun party :) I can tell you're excited! An early Happy Birthday wish to you!

Sara said...

Fun Fun Fun! Enjoy it!

Henry said...

Happy Crabby Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Hi! Saw you over on an American in Norway's blog roll and thought I'd stop by to say hello.

Even though I am 38, I still do the whole celebrate-your-birthday-for-a-month thing. A crab feast is going to be awesome. I am from the west, so we don't do that here. But, in high school, I lived in Ecuador and we had one once there and it was AMAZING! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Anyway... enjoy your birthday. I'll stop by when you are back to read more.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Crab is our present from God. It is the best food ever.
What time should I be there to help you eat it? ;o)
(PS, how'd you like that game last night?!)

Frizzy said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Kelly. Happy Birthday too you. I would love to be there to take pics and help you celebrate. I would even be a great guest as I wouldn't take any seafood. Not such a fan of it myself but I'm glad you get to enjoy it to your heart's content! Happy Birthday!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your seafood feast. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Unknown said...

Let me be the Ummm...Second to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!
Love ya!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Happy Birthday!! I am thinking that I need to adopt the month long celebration thing. Especially next year. When I turn 39. The age that I'll stay forever and ever.

JWilson said...

You really eat Gator??? I'm glad you are getting your birthday wish and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Since today is Monday Happy Birthday!!!!

I will check back later for this guest blogger.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Kelly!
Happy Birthday to you!


That's as close to actual singing you're gonna get from me! But I hope all your birthday wishes come true :)

Angie's Spot said...

Wow, the seafood feast sounds awesome! Hope it was great. Can't wait to see the pics!